One of the most challenging tasks for businesses is attracting the target audience to the website and engaging with them. Achieving this without high-quality content is nearly impossible.
“According to the new Google’s ‘helpful content update,’ quality content refers to people-centric content that is very helpful to searchers on the web”. Creating and posting such valuable content is the single most important thing businesses can do. It aids in a high-ranking website that attracts a ton of visitors.
In this post, you will learn all about creating high-quality content that ranks better and helps increase your brand awareness.
Table of Contents
What Makes a High-Quality Content?
Quality content is one that the intended audience finds useful. Such content makes them feel like they’ve gained a better understanding of their problem and solution. It engages the reader and eventually makes them obliged to seek your services.
“If users who did not intend to buy your service share your content, it means it is of high quality. This, in turn, means that your content shows your expertise, and is trustworthy, interesting, and original.”
In contrast, low-quality content only fulfills the word count and keyword density. It does not solve the reader’s problems and gives concrete takeaways.
Grammar, readability, and formatting of the content also make it readable. Additionally, such content also has keywords mixed in naturally. Moreover, high-quality content is original. It does not fake expertise but has points that are validated by solid facts and figures.
Such content will rank highly on search engines for many years.
How Does High-Quality Content Compliment SEO?
Do you think that SEO and content marketing are two unrelated domains? Well, without good quality content, it is not possible to reap the full benefits of SEO. Here is how effective content relates positively to your search engine optimization efforts.
- Quality content produces a better CTR – According to Google, CTR is a crucial website ranking factor. The more users click on your links; the more your chances of attaining better rankings on the search engine. When do more users click on your links? They do so when they find the content on it exceptional.
- Generate more backlinks – High-quality backlinks showcase credibility and trust. The more backlinks you have, the better is your ranking. You can only gain more backlinks when you consistently post authoritative and resourceful content.
- Incorporate target keywords strategically – You cannot use your keywords optimally if you don’t create quality content. Using keywords is essential to make your content searchable or visible on the web. Quality content is the only way you can employ target keywords in context.
Most Important Features of Quality Content
There are certain characteristics of high-quality content. These include the following.
Content is for the target audience
Quality content never blatantly sells a brand’s services. Its major purpose is to give readers the information they are looking for. That’s why it’s written after conducting thorough keyword research. It enables quality and informative content to rank higher and reach its intended audience.
The content demonstrates the writer’s expertise
Would you be interested in knowing about a recipe from a legal firm? Obviously, no. So another distinguishing feature of quality content is the expertise required for its niche.
The writer pens content after researching every facet of the topic. This research helps them understand the pain points of their audience, which they combine with expert intervention.
Content is optimized for readability
Contrary to what many think, quality content is not only about showing expertise. Structuring it correctly makes it gain the audience’s attention. Such content has a strong headline that brings forth a point and imagery to break up the article.
“Illustrations and photos provide a new element of interest to the reader. Besides, such content also provides links to trustworthy resources. It has the dual benefit of enhancing the content’s reach while providing the audience with more information and resources.”
You can also go ahead and include a content brief, which includes the core message, target audience, problem, and objective of creating content.
Content Follows the Core Algorithm Update of Google
When Google released its broad core algorithm updates, it lowered the rankings of many websites. So, now high-quality content should check every point laid down by this update.
Here are some content, quality, expertise, and presentation questions for content. Your answer to all of them should be yes.
- Does your content offer authentic data or research?
- Does the content give a detailed description of an issue?
- Is the information in the content beyond what is obvious?
- Do the page titles and headers offer a good summary of the content?
- Would you want a magazine or an encyclopedia to refer to the content?
- If you reviewed the website posting the content, would you conclude that it is a trustworthy authority on an issue?
- Are there factual errors the reader can easily verify in the content?
- Is the content outsourced to many creators or scattered over many sites, so specific websites don’t get much focus?
- Can mobile devices display the content well?
The content aligns with the search intent and your objective
Search intent implies the purpose behind a specific search. Considering this intent and incorporating it is— one of the best techniques to increase its quality.
For example, suppose a person is searching for information on a particular service. In that case, they won’t engage with content that tries to sell that service. On the other hand, if your content aligns with the intent of learning more about a service, they will engage with it.
Prompt Guidelines by Google About Writing Helpful Content
According to Google’s update, high-quality content follows SEO best practices but is written for the common people first. Here are some points you must consider while creating content according to this update.
- Your content should be made for human consumption.
- There’s no use in posting content on various themes thinking that augurs well in search results.
- If your content summarizes what is there on other websites, it is not helpful.
- The content should not leave readers feeling like they need more information from another place.
- The content should not promise to answer a question with no confirmed answer.
Start Creating High-Quality Content From Now Onwards!
Hopefully, you are familiar with quality content and what it looks like. Ensure your pieces follow most of what is described in this article. Google’s algorithms give more weightage to authoritativeness, expertise, and trustworthiness signals. So, create a clear content strategy based on deep keyword research and develop content that actually answers people’s queries. If you need assistance in making such content then you can consider Do Assignment Help for online experts.